Can I flash my Metro PCS LG Optimus M to Boost Mobile?
Mobile TV Elite: Can I flash my Metro PCS LG Optimus M to Boost Mobile?
How would I do this?
Unfortunately not. Metro PCS (and I think Cricket) are the only phone companies that flash other carrier phones to their service. The big four (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile), along with their prepaid (Boost Mobile is sprints prepaid service) don’t have the option to do so.
You might try selling your Optimus M to someone (or try craigslist.com) and then with that money get an Optimus V from Virgin Mobile (also owned by sprint in the US). $40/month with unlimited text mms and internet, and 1200 minutes.
I switched from Metro to Virgin Mobile and got an Optimus V, my monthly bill came out cheaper than metro, and have MUCH faster internet! And online people say the optimus V is just a better phone than the optimus M (even though it’s supposed to be a similar phone).
Related Questions and Answers:
Question: how to maximize the programs or windows i have minimized recently in android 2.2?
how to maximize the programs or windows i have minimized recently in android 2.2, coz has its multi tasking system so its normal that we open lots of applications and minimize them, so how to see or re open programs that we have recently minimized like on windows mobile we press multitasking button to see close or reopen programs, do we have same thing like that in android os if yes where is it n how to use it
Easiest way is to hold the Home button for a couple seconds, and a list of recently used apps show up. There are apps on the market that show you what apps are in memory.
Android handles programs differently than windows mobile or even your windows or mac desktop. It doesn’t actually close programs most of the time. The way Android is built, it is optimized to keep all recently used programs in memory until you either reopen it, open another program that needs more memory than what you have free, or manually force close it (which is not recommended).
Technically, all programs that have been ran once have their "state" saved, meaning the way you left the program is kept in memory (or written to the file system if another program needs the memory it was using). This is how programs can run quickly and not need to be closed.
Question: Phone roaming questions?
Hi, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S, and it comes with unlimited internet but when I recived it, fully set up and I disabled my wi fi to check if its working, but no its not exacly working at the moment. I recived it less than a day ag (about 3hrs ago ;P) Do i have to wait? For it to activate? But i texted my friend and it worked. Also i went into settings and into about phone it said quite alot of things but then I came across "roaming – off". How do I enable it? Or do i just have to wait?
You don’t need Roaming switched on to get internet.
Go to your suppliers website and have the internet settings sent to your phone.
This should have happened when you first inserted the Sim card.
Also, have you created a Google account and signed-in to your phone with that account?
Question: How to transfer songs from LG Optimus S to laptop?
I’ve built quite a nice collection of songs on my LG Optimus S using the Music Box application, and want to download those songs to my laptop so I that can transfer them to a flash drive that I can plug into my car stereo’s USB port. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Seems like this is the only option I have to listen to my music in the car other than to replace my fairly new head unit with one that has a front-mounted auxilliary input…Please HELP!!
Use the data cord that came with your Optimus S, if you are unaware the charger is a USB data cable as well
plug the USB end into your computer and the microUSB end into the phone.. One the phone a green android should pop up saying USB connected, Tap they button the screen and the green android should turn orange. On your computer, it should start reading the phone’s memory card. Open it up in a folder,not windows media player or some other program
from there just find your music and copy and paste to your computer
Question: What Is The Difference Between Ipad 2 3G And Ipad 2 Without 3G?
The 3g Service
The 3G iPad will allow you to browse the web and download apps or updates over a carrier’s 3G network. This comes at the expense of a monthy contract
The Wifi version will only allow web browsing or downloading through a wifi connection.
Question: Does the LG Vu Plus phone have a place to attach a phone charm/strap?
I am curious to know since I may be getting the phone soon. I want to buy a decorative strap only if I know it can be attached. Thanks!
yes there is a small little hole near the top of device
Question: Where is the sim card on my Samsung M340 (Virgin Mobile)?
i cant find it im starting to think that its built into the phone cuz when i bought it the people didnt take it out the box or anything i just called a 1800 number and they activated it
Thats because there is no SIM Card… Virgin Mobile is CDMA, like Verizon/Sprint/Altell… CDMA networks and phones, like yours, HAVE NO SIM CARD… they rely on the ESN# of the phone in order to get cellular signal….
SIM cards are for GSM networks and phones for ATT and Tmobile
Question: how to reduce data usage on iphone 4?
Hey guys, I got a question about my iPhone. I got it when I the new AT&T data plan came out(the DataPro/Plus plans), and I reluctantly decided on the 2gb plan. The problem with this is that my iPhone is jailbroken, and I want to be able to use apps like MyWi where I can tether my 3G with my laptop, but the 2gb data cap will hold me back greatly. Is there any way I can use tethering apps without having my data bill being sky high? Any help would be appreciated.
no… tethering apps on ANY carrier, on iphone and android and windows OS and BB… rely on your cellular data connection and plan…. if your teired data on ATT… then your capped at 2GB… there is no way around it! There is no app on this planet that increases your teired data cap without the wireless carrier knowing about it. LOL
to anyone reading this… If you make a tethering app that gets around the wireless smartphone data plan, then you’ll be rich! INSTANTLY!
my only offer is to call customer care at 8003310500… beg an upper level manager for unlimited data… beg… cry… tell them about your dead dog… dont hang up… stay on the phone until someone adds the unlimited plan… brag about your payment history… your loyalty to ATT… threaten to cancel (last resort)… state that verizon iphones get unlimited data (hint)… just stay on the phone… keep escalating the call to manager to upper level mgr and so on… good luck
Question: Will At&t buy my iPhone 4 from me?
I recently got my iPhone 4 in January and I was wondering if they would buy it from me? And if so, how much? My iPhone 4 is in great condition; no scratches, the speakers aren’t blown out or anything, the cameras work great. FYI, I was wondering if they would buy it from me because i would like to purchase a Sharp FX phone.
I’m 13, & my mom wanted me to ask because i have to save up for this new phone.
AT&T does not do phone buyback. You’d have to sell it through eBay, Craigslist, or some other classified/auction website.
Posted by Mobile TV Elite
- Can I buy a Metro phone and flash it to Verizon? Mobile TV Elite: Can I buy a Metro phone and flash it to Verizon? I’ve been searching around and none of the Verizon phones seem nice. I really want the Droid Pro (since the keypad is in front), but it requires the $29.99 data plan. Metro on the other hand...
- LG Optimus (metropcs) or Lg Optimus V (VirginMobile)? Mobile TV Elite: LG Optimus (metropcs) or Lg Optimus V (VirginMobile)? I’m thinking of getting one of the above phones. It has android 2.2 i have heard none of these phones will have the updated flash that android 2.2 is producing. Something that the phone browser won’t support it. My...
- can i use a boost mobile blackberry 8330…? Mobile TV Elite: can i use a boost mobile blackberry 8330…? can i use a boost mobile blackberry 8330 with boost mobile still (my parents bought it today on ebay). on the boost website it says they sell the 8530.so my question is can i still use the 8330 with...
- should i go with the optimus or wait? Mobile TV Elite: should i go with the optimus or wait? i have decided to go with the virgin mobile phones plan for 25 bucks a month and i was looking at getting the lg optimus v but i don’t want to get it if virgin mobile is coming out...
- is boost mobile a good company? Mobile TV Elite: is boost mobile a good company? Best Answer: Sure. Boost Mobile is a sister company of Virgin Mobile, which is owned and ran by the Sprint prepaid group. Boost is ran on the Sprint 3G network, and they have the exact same coverage map (non-roaming). They also...
- can the blackberry 8530 from boost mobile do blackberry apps? Mobile TV Elite: can the blackberry 8530 from boost mobile do blackberry apps? Best Answer: yes it can though boost charges an extra $10 a month for blackberry’s Related Questions and Answers: Question: Apple iPhone 4 or Droid 2 verizon? What phone would be a better choice for a 14...
- anyone want to be nextel or boost budies? Mobile TV Elite: anyone want to be nextel or boost budies? i havea nextel 8350 i i need osme frineds to talk to in it anyone 23 blk m georgia check me out at www.swazirepair.com Related Questions and Answers: Question: Why cant i watch videos or movies on my cell...
- Does Metro PCS have good service? Mobile TV Elite: Does Metro PCS have good service? Metro is 60 dollars cheaper than the verizon plan I have. And they support my blackberry, But I’ve heard the service in terrible. Comments? Best Answer: That is correct.. Terrible service.! Related Questions and Answers: Question: AT&T service question? I’ve been...
- sony xperia arc or lg optimus 2x? Mobile TV Elite: sony xperia arc or lg optimus 2x? hey,people i am looking forward to buy 1 of these phones and i cant decide which one to buy please suggest which one i should buy and why its better than the other.Also which one has better audio quality?(both loudspeakers...
- How do I put my LG Optimus M completely silent? Mobile TV Elite: How do I put my LG Optimus M completely silent? I just got my phone last week and the lowest silent level is vibrate, there seems to be no "no-sound/no-vibrate" sound level. I’m a little disappointed because I want my phone completely silent when I’m in class...